Sarah Palin Represents Commonsense Values to Which Independents Can Rally
Other than using the execrable David Frum as a basis for a promotion of a good conservative viewpoint, this is a pretty good article by Ted Belman at The American Thinker: The Palin Brand
Sarah Palin represents commonsense values that Independents can rally to. She eschews the party and its brand and embraces the people and their values.
So what are these values?
1. Energy: “Drill, baby, drill”; “Exploit all the above.”
2. Economy: “Stop digging the hole deeper” and unleash the private sector.
3. Health care: She favors competition, tort reform, and waste reduction.
4. Environment: She rejects cap-and-trade. She favors environmentally sensitive development.
5. Security: Support the armed services and let them do their job. Don’t lower your guard. Specifically, stand by your allies, win in Afghanistan, and treat terrorists as terrorists, not citizens.
6. Israel: Build, baby, build. She supports the right of Jews to build in Judea and Samaria. She rejects Obama’s racist policy of telling the Jews where they cannot live. She is a harsh critic of Ahmedinejad and his government and faults Obama for not supporting the Iranian opposition.
7. Patriotism: Patriotism is good, not bad. America is good, not bad. The Constitution must be protected and upheld.
8. Social issues: She supports life (not “death panels”), the weak (including challenged children and the elderly), hard work (not entitlement), and private-sector charity (rather then government handouts).
9. Ethics: Accountability over cronyism.
Not only do these values appeal to Palin’s base, but they also appeal to Middle America, to Independents, and even to Democrats. On all these issues, Obama and the Democrats have set themselves up for a fall. Palin is on the right side of these issues and everyone knows it.
The Left in America doesn’t so much reject these values as they rejects Palin herself. In fact, they ignore her message and set up straw-man values for her that they can attack. The Left is struggling to brand Palin as a Christian fundamentalist, God forbid — an idiot, a know-nothing, a racist, and anything else with a negative connotation.
Palin is effectively galvanizing and rebranding the Conservative movement and making it her own. Who better to lead it than she? The GOP will ultimately adopt her brand and her as leader.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.