That’s the takeaway from President Putt-Putt’s recent speech on his desire for Amnesty: Obama: “That fence is now basically complete; They’ll never be satisfied.”
Bryan Preston sums it up nicely (emphasis added):
As predicted, the president spoke in El Paso, Texas today, where he conflated legal and illegal immigration, pushed for the DREAM Act, and showed his longstanding contempt for the rule of law as regards our immigration system. President Obama knows the DREAM Act is dead in the water, as is the overall push for “comprehensive immigration reform,” which is code for amnesty. Everyone knows all this, and everyone knows the policy is going to go nowhere for the remainder of Obama’s term.
He is pushing this issue now purely for politics. He is playing Hispanic voters for suckers while the national economy melts down, the way Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned. He has played them for suckers throughout his presidency.
Another astute observation from Mr. Preston:
Perhaps the worst line in the president’s speech came when, in pushing for the DREAM Act, called for the US to “stop punishing children for the sins of their parents.” He is referring to parents who travel to the US illegally, bringing their children with them. But for the most pro-abortion president in American history to utter that line, and not realize how it boomerangs back on his own stance favoring partial birth abortion, is repugnant. This president seems to have little moral sense about him.
Yes indeed. And if I remember correctly, the babies themselves are “punishments.”
So, apparently Obama believes it is a-okay to punish children with death for the sins of their parents when it comes to abortion, but sending kids off to Mexico with their parents for the sins of their parents is beyond the pale.
What an evil prick.
* The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children — Applicants can be up to the age of 29
* The DREAM Act Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans — CBO failed to assess costs for education, increased levels of unemployment due to the addition of workers to the workforce, and increases in potential applicants because of loopholes.
* The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application — Burden of proving inaccurate information on a DREAM Act application is on the Department of Homeland Security.
* Certain Inadmissible Aliens, including those from high-risk regions, Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act
* Certain Criminal Aliens — including drunk drivers — Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act — The DREAM Act allows applicants be convicted of 1 felony or up to 3 misdemeanors.
* Conservative Estimates Suggest That At Least 1.3 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply
* The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty — The applicant only has to complete the equivalent of two years of college.
* The DREAM Act Does Not Require That an Illegal Alien Complete Military Service As A Condition For Amnesty, and There Is already A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service
* Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive — Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration
* Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid
This bill is absolutely despicable. In a time when unemployment for American citizens is >10%, the Democrat Party — along with RINOs and DIABLOs — is looking to flood that already flooded pool with illegal aliens, who will add even more ridiculous competition for American citizens looking for work. This bill is a big fat middle finger to the entire American workforce and the entire pool of unemployed citizens looking for work.