Charles Johnson at LGF posts about the Muslim Students’ Association at UC Davis and their attack on former terrorist Muslim and convert to Christianity, Walid Shoebat. They are calling on the FBI to investigate and deport him. While that is not something too radical, as I would like places like the MSA itself along with C.A.I.R. and its members investigated, convicted and deported, this is what struck me: the blatant lies and double-speak from these Muslim groups which is typical. And this is how they get away with having ignorant, foolish, naive dhimmi liberals/progressives/leftists fall for their lies and defend them.
First, here is the statement given by the UC Davis MSA:
In a statement, the MSA at UC Davis said:
“We repudiate and unequivocally condemn terrorism, as a grave and serious crime that should be punished in the strictest means possible. We are concerned that a self-confessed ‘ex-terrorist’ is walking freely in the country, simply because he has converted to Christianity and supports this country’s policies towards Israel. We call upon the FBI and DHW to investigate the claims regarding Shoebat’s violent past and to see whether he disclosed this information when applying for his citizenship.
We also condemn the intentionally Islamophobic and erroneous association of Islam and violence that will result from the fear-mongering employed in the event’s advertisements. We ask fellow students and community members to study the facts about Islam and reject hate-speech and propaganda.”
Sounds nice right? They “condemn terrorism”! Well, not so fast. Here are the facts about the Muslim Students’ Association, which has groups at college campuses all across America and Canada:
Established in January 1963 at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, the Muslim Students’ Association of the United States and Canada, or MSA (also known as MSA National) currently has chapters on some 150 college campuses across North America. (The relationship between MSA National and the individual university chapters is not a fixed hierarchy, but rather a loose connection. Thus the policies and views of the national organization may differ from those of some of the local chapters.)
MSA’s mission is “to serve the best interest of Islam and Muslims in the United States and Canada so as to enable them to practice Islam as a complete way of life.” Offshoots of MSA include the Islamic Medical Association, the Muslim Arab Youth Association, the Association of Muslim Social Scientists, the Islamic Circle of North America, and the Islamic Society of North America. According to author and Islam expert Stephen Schwartz, MSA is a key lobbying organization for the Wahhabi sect of Islam. From its inception, MSA had close links with the extremist Muslim World League, whose chapters’ websites have featured not only Osama bin Laden’s propaganda, but also publicity-recruiting campaigns for Wahhabi subversion of the Chechen struggle in Russia. MSA solicited donations for the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, whose assets the U.S. government seized in December 2001 because that organization was giving financial support to the terrorist group Hamas. MSA also has strong ties to the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
Charging that U.S. foreign policy is driven by militaristic imperialism, MSA steadfastly opposes the American military incursions into both Afghanistan and Iraq. The organization is also harshly critical of Israel’s allegedly oppressive policies vis a vis the Palestinian people residing in the West Bank and Gaza. In MSA’s view, for example, the anti-terrorist security fence that Israel has built in the West Bank is an illegal “apartheid wall” that violates the civil and human rights of Palestinians.
An influential member of International ANSWER’s steering committee, MSA maintains a large presence at ANSWER-sponsored demonstrations. By supporting ANSWER, MSA tacitly endorses the agendas of the Marxist-Leninist Workers World Party which dominates ANSWER. At a March 15, 2003 anti-war rally in San Francisco, MSA representatives manned several booths where they displayed and distributed anti-Israel publications, banners, and placards. Many of these items contained the word “Israel” with the “s” replaced by a swastika; others likened a swastika to the Star of David.
Local chapters of MSA were signatories to a February 20, 2002 document, composed by the radical group Refuse & Resist (a creation of the Revolutionary Communist Party‘s C. Clark Kissinger), condemning military tribunals and the detention of immigrants apprehended in connection with post-9/11 terrorism investigations. The document read, in part: “[T]hey [the U.S. government] are coming for the Arab, Muslim and South Asian immigrants. … The recent ‘disappearances,’ indefinite detention, the round-ups, the secret military tribunals, the denial of legal representation, evidence kept a secret from the accused, the denial of any due process for Arab, Muslim, South Asians and others, have chilling similarities to a police state.”
MSA strongly opposes the Patriot Act, which it describes as an “infamous“ piece of legislation. The organization’s chapters across the United States have similarly denounced virtually every other national security initiative implemented by the U.S. government since the 9/11 attacks.
MSA chose not to endorse or participate in the May 14, 2005 “Free Muslims March Against Terror,” an event whose stated purpose was to “send a message to the terrorists and extremists that their days are numbered … [and to send] a message to the people of the Middle East, the Muslim world and all people who seek freedom, democracy and peaceful coexistence that we support them.”
MSA’s President as of September 2006 was Mohamed Sheibani, a fourth-year student attending the University of Ottawa; from 2003-2004, he served as President of the Muslim Youth of Ottawa.
Noteworthy news items related to MSA include the following:
- On October 22, 2000, Ahmed Shama, President of the UCLA Muslim Students’ Association, led a crowd of demonstrators at the Israeli consulate in chants of “Death to Israel!” and “Death to the Jews!” One guest speaker at the event was Hamid Ayloush, a member of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which co-sponsored the rally. In his speech, Ayloush solicited contributions for the aforementioned Holy Land Foundation.
- At a January 21, 2001 MSA event, guest speaker Imam Musa declared: “If you were to say that the Soviet Union [would be] wiped off the face of the earth … people would have thought you were crazy, right? The people of Afghanistan didn’t have the intellect or historical knowledge to know that they wasn’t supposed to wipe out the Soviet Union, is that right? … We saw the fall of one so-called superpower; Old Sam [the U.S.] is next.”
- MSA members at UCLA raised money for Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists at their annual “Anti-Zionist Week.”
- In March 2003, speaker Muammad Faheed told an MSA meeting at Queensborough Community College in New York, “The only relationship you should have with America is to topple it!”
- At its Annual Conference in 2003, the Iowa Muslim Student Association invited, as a guest speaker, CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad, who had told a college audience in 1994, “I am a supporter of the Hamas movement.”
- The University of Southern California MSA invited Taliban ambassador Sayyid Hashimi to speak on campus six months before 9/11.
- MSA at California State University Northridge held a fundraiser for Islamic Relief, an organization that received a $50,000 contribution from a front group run by Osama bin Laden.
- In 2002, James Madison University’s MSA sponsored a “Jihad” panel that included Dr. Abdulrahman Hijazi, who had once extolled an Islamic suicide bomber as a “martyr” whose “hope of having the mercy of Allah … by one of the greatest good deeds, which is jihad, was more attractive to him than by being happy with his wife at home.”
- In 2003, University of Idaho MSA President Sami Omar Al-Hussayen was ordered deported because he worked for the Islamic Assembly of North America, which has ties to al Qaeda. While on campus, he had sought access to a chemical lab containing nuclear material.
- In October 2003, MSA invited Bill Baker, the onetime chairman of the neo-Nazi Populist Party, to speak at the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University on the similarities between Christianity and Islam. According to MSA, Baker’s racist affiliations were “irrelevant.”
A notable former member of MSA is Asan Akbar, an American Muslim extremist who attended the MSA-controlled student mosque at the University of California, Davis. After college, Akbar joined the U.S. Army. In the early hours of March 23, 2003, he intentionally detonated a grenade amidst sleeping members of his 1st Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division stationed in Kuwait — killing two and wounding fifteen. Not long before this incident, Akbar, who had been reprimanded for insubordination, reportedly had told his mother that he felt the military was persecuting him because he was a Muslim.
UPDATE I: Find out the wonderful things that Muslim Student groups across America’s and Canada’s college campuses do: Muslim Students Association.
The religion of peace in action again, ladies and gentlemen. Hey CAIR!? You want to know why people in this country are sick and tired of Muslims’ shit? It has nothing to do with “24” or “Islamophobia” and everything to do with MUSLIMS. Clean up this shit from your own people occuring all over the United States and then we can talk.
“Religion of Peace.” My ass.
Via Charles Johnson at LGF: UC Irvine: MSU Calls for Israel to Be Wiped Out
On Thursday we featured a video recording from Daniel Pipes’ talk at the University of California Irvine, showing the Muslim Students Union staging a coordinated disruption, walking out and loudly chanting “Anti-Israel!”: Video: Muslim Students Disrupt Daniel Pipes Speech at UC Irvine.
But the worst, most disturbing part of this event was buried later in the video, as the camera followed the Muslim students outside to hear a speech from an organizer. I’ve isolated this section in the video below, and transcribed the genocidal MSU speech. This is really bad stuff.
Here is the transcript:
I just want to say a few words, because I know a lot of people, before this program today, we had many ideas on how things should be done. And there was a lot of chatter going back and forth, and some people wanted to make bold statements, some people wanted to have a silent protest, [inaudible].
But at the end I just want to make one comment, that what we did by walking out of there, it really helps us be very very very powerful, and I want you guys all to go home and just realize, and that is everything, like Daniel Pipes is saying, everything for them is to boost their morale. This whole program was to boost their morale, make them feel as if Israel is there to stay. And that they’re gonna … he’s trying to garner support for the state of Israel.
And by having a university campus, a bunch of students all walk out, this is trash, this is garbage … it really defeats … it deflates the morale of everyone in that room. So right now they’re all pretty depressed in there. [Laughter.]
And they’re gonna go out there and they’re gonna think, they’re gonna try to make people think they’re powerful for a minute. But when they go home, they’re gonna be like, crap. We’re in the middle of America, we’re in Irvine, a public [inaudible] … and this whole campus hates our guts. [Laughter.]
They have no future. And it’s just a matter of time before the state of Israel will be wiped off the face of the earth.
[Crowd: Takbir! Allahu akbar!]
Justice will be restored then. Those people who are there legitimately … the people there will, will rule. There will be no injustice any more there.
So just keep on doing what we’re doing. Our weapon, our jihad, our way of struggling in this country is with our tongues. We speak out, and we deflate their morale, and this is the best we can do right now. And our brothers and sisters on the other side of the world, they’re handling business in their own way. May Allah give them strength … [inaudible]
[Crowd: Takbir! Allahu akbar!]